“The Colorado Springs Business Journal Rising Stars are those in the local community 40 and younger who have made significant strides in their careers and who have given back to the community through their dedication to volunteerism and charity.”
That’s what the Business Journal has determined are the requirements for being a “Rising Star” in Colorado Springs. This year, I was flattered to have been named one of 30 young professionals in the Springs who have, apparently, made “significant strides” and given back.
I was honored to receive the write up in the magazine that the Business Journal printed up (view it online here), and also to go to the event where they had an awards ceremony at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Good times!
I did notice, after a few weeks, that I’m the one of the only people in the list who was photographed in a shirt that doesn’t have a collar, but that didn’t bother me much. I’m not too proud to admit that I hate wearing a tie.
Thanks to the Business Journal for the honor! I like living in our great city of Colorado Springs, and I’m very proud to say that I’m friends with 10 of the other candidates and truly believe that we’re all working to build a better community. Below is the complete list, in no particular order.
2013 Colorado Springs Business Journal Rising Stars:
- David Amster-Olszewski: Sunshare
- Wes Ashton: Black Hills Energy
- Shannon Coker: Care And Share Food Bank
- Adena Dutter: Colorado Technical University
- Karl Falk: Summit Mitigation Services
- Jason Grimm: Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Shawn Gullixson: Vectra Bank
- Frank Kinder: Colorado Springs Utilities
- Kaleb Kohart: Studio C3
- Abby Laine Sienkiewicz: Center For Nonprofit Excellence
- Tilah Larson: Pikes Peak Pro Bono Project
- Aikta Marcoulier: Small Business Development Center
- Zachary McComsey: Atlas Preparatory School
- Daisy McConnell: University Of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- Shayne McCormick: Pikes Peak United Way
- Kyle Nelson: Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group
- Daniel Nordberg: Colorado House Of Representatives
- Hannah Parsons: Epicentral / Selley Group Real Estate
- Krithika Prashant: City Of Colorado Springs
- Sara Price: Ent Federal Credit Union
- Rebecca Reed-Jewett: Rocky Mountain Field Institute
- Yani Rehorn: Accounting Solutions
- Jocelyne Sansing: Pikes Peak Library District
- Stephanie Schmuecker: BKD CPAs & Advisors
- Sylvia Sedrak: Leadership Pikes Peak
- Ron Stauffer: Infront Webworks
- Lisa Tessarowicz: Red Rock Investments / Epicentral
- Ty Thompson: Colorado Springs Country Club
- Tucker Wannamaker: Magneti Marketing
- Kim Worth: BBVA Compass
– – – –
Congrats everyone! Well done!